Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Story So Far ...

The idea of doing an MBA has been on my mind for more than 5 year to help me be successful entrepreneur. I took the GMAT twice in 2003 and was not happy with the score. Then I decided to strengthen my profile by starting my own business but it was not successfully. Closed down the business after 2 year. After working for a startup IT company for 2.5 years, took the GMAT again in dec 2007 and got a decent score 740 (51, 39, 4.5).
With all enthusiasm I applied to Wharton and Harvard in 2nd round, INSEAD and Haas in 3rd round. None of the 4 schools showed love to me. The consolation prize was an interview call from Wharton.
Though my backup plan was to try part time or Executive MBA, my friends and family convinced me to try one more time. Jeremy Shinewald of MBAMission was good to provide me feedback on my Wharton application. If you got rejected from all the schools you applied to and thinking of re-applying, I recommend a feedback from Jeremy. Contact him before the next application season at jeremy@mbamission.com
Now I am a 32 year re-applicant with 9 year of IT experience trying to strengthen my profile before the next application season.

3 comments:

Water Resources Management said...

Hi
Good write up!!
keep it up and all the best for the re-application process
is your CFA helping you in the application part?
regards

MBA Apply Again said...

CFA Charter helps in demonstrating financial knowledge and to distinguish from same cohort of applicants. I believe that CFA is what got me an interview with Wharton

Sidd said...

hey ... a really nice initiative taken by u in the form of this blog ... it would be really helpful if you could give us more insight about ur profile :)

and m sure soon u wud b giving us the list of colleges that have shortlisted u in their batch for the mba prog :)