Thursday, October 9, 2008

Wharton Application submitted

Submitted my Wharton application today at around noon. Yesterday I looked at the Wharton essay after 1 week. I made few last last minute changes, especially in the Why Wharton section. Though I have visited Wharton last year, my recent Kellogg and Tuck school visits triggered few areas to research in detail. One was Wharton's Global Consultancy Practicum. The information in my essay was very shallow. I read more about it on the GCP site and included few more details in the essay.
Lesson: Visit the school. It would also help in researching other schools

The time to fill up the application was more time consuming that I originally estimated. My plan was to copy and paste content from my previous application. But I realized that there were many details missing or ambigous that I had to spend more than 2 hours to fill in all the details in the application.
Lesson: Do not assume the application can be completed in 30 mins.

I had all my transcripts scanned and ready. Only when I tried to upload the transcript that I realized that my latest transcript scanned doc was more than 500kb in size due to high resolution. Today I had to scan it again with low resolution.
Lesson: Do not plan on submitting the essay on the last day. Do it at least one day before.

Now that I have done my part in the Wharton application, let me keep my fingers crossed and wait for the interview invite...