Monday, December 29, 2008

Duke Admit package

First I want to thank everyone who congratulated and wished good luck for Wharton.
I received my Duke admit package on Friday. I did not get any $$$. Blue devil weekend (admit weekend) is on Apr 3-5, 2009. Have to book the flight tickets. I have to pay my $1500 deposit before Apr 7th. Hope Wharton’s decision is available by then. Saving few trees, Duke has created a CD with the information for the admitted students. It has a video about Durham, facts about Duke University and information about Fuqua School of business. The package also contained a business card case with Fuqua logo and a fridge magnet with blue devil weekend dates.
Earlier I also got my login to incoming student’s website. I will get access to Math review software and Career Leader only after paying the deposit. The Duke administration has created a facebook group for class of 2011, which has around 120 members is active. Looking forward for the happy hour in NYC.

6 comments:

Andrew Choi said...

Hi - just found your site. I love how you are exploring your career options in social entrepreneurship and non-profits prior to business school. I am in my first year at USC Marshall and just starting to realize all the opportunities out there besides finance/marketing/consulting. Would love to read about your career path over the next two years. Good luck with Wharton!

Andrew

Jonathan said...

I got into Fuqua and got my package as well. If there was no mention of any scholarships in the welcome package does that mean I didn't get any money? I was under the impression that we'd find out separately. I think the letter I got with my package said we'd find out within 3 weeks of being admitted...

MBA Apply Again said...

Few have received scholarship info along with the admit package. So I am assuming that if I did not get any info about scholarship in the admit package, then I am not selected for scholarship

Sidd said...

awesome buddy ... m sure u will make the most out of it at Duke ... wish u all the best ... n i hope i get to read ur journey thru thr bschool n beyond ... :)

Prachi Pareekh said...

Waiting for your next post!!

Josh Hohman said...

Congrats on Duke - I'd love to hear an update on how things are going. I fell in love with Fuqua during my visit there.

I just wanted to drop you a line and tell you that I enjoy your blog, and wish you the best of luck with your MBA experience. I was in your shoes a few years ago, and can tell you that the Stanford GSB was two of the best years of my life (the application process, not so much, but that’s another story…)

Anyway, I know how stressful the application process can be, and since a lot of your readers are in the process of applying to business school, I thought I might be able to help you provide a valuable resource to your loyal readers.

I’d like to send you a copy of my complete applications for 5 top MBA programs (for free, seriously). Then, if you think your readers might like it as well, I’ll provide a link you can post on your blog so your readers can grab their copy as well.

If you're interested, drop me an email at josh.hohman@gmail.com, and I'll have a preview copy of my application materials emailed to you ASAP, so you can check it out and make sure it's something you'd feel comfortable giving away to your readers.

Sincerely,
Josh Hohman