Friday, December 19, 2008

Received a DING from Tuck

After a long wait, I checked the online application status at 5.00 pm without much hope as I did not get a phone call and saw the regret message. Part of the message pasted below.

The factors that most often contributed to our decision to not admit an applicant were the rigorous competition created by a strong applicant pool and our commitment to maintain a small class size. This year’s pool is exceptionally strong. We know that many of the applicants who were not granted admission possess excellent characteristics that will serve them well in business school and beyond.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's bad and i surely know how it feels.
But anyways, you have a good admit in pocket and I am sure many more are in queue..

PS: I love ur blog.. It's a gr8 resource for those of us, who can not afford the class-visits.I am an oldie from gmat_may2007.Have always loved ur posts there too!!

loki said...

Hi,

Bad to hear that but good to know that you have one admit at least :-)

I am a fellow applicant and this is my status - reject from Wharton, WL@johnson after i/v, WL@Duke and Tuck without i/v!

I would appreciate if you could provide some words of wisdom!

Thanks!

MBA Apply Again said...

Loki,
An admit from Duke does not make me an expert in MBA admissions. But with my 2 years of application experience, I can say that the results you have got so far is impressive in a competitive year. You just have to work on converting the WL to an admit. Luckily both Duke and Cornell are very open in accepting additional information. Work on addressing the weakness in your application and show your interest for the schools. If you have any specific question drop me a note at morpheus1976@gmail.com

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.