Friday, August 29, 2008

Updates and Wharton essays

1. I have completed the first draft of all 3 essays for Wharton (I am a re-applicant so 1 essay less). Instead of perfecting one essay at a time, I decided to write all 3 first and then start editing them. This way I can get the complete story right before I can work on revisions. If any part of my story is not conveyed, I should be able to fill it in.
2. I am getting some help from a colleague for editing essays. He is a junior to me with good communication skills. He has aspiration to get an MBA and feels my essays would help his endeavor. We sit together and edit the content for grammar and expression. Then I get them reviewed from my friends and family for content.
3. I have decided to write one more story for Wharton Innovation/Initiative essay as I feel the current essay is very technical.
4. On 16-Aug-2008, I attended a non-profit boot organized by Craigslist foundation. It was very useful, especially to connect my non-profit and for-profit goals. Got glimpses of talents of professors at NYU Stern School of business. I am planning to write a detailed report of the event.

No comments: