Thursday, September 18, 2008

PMP and more

1. Two weeks back I gave my PMP exam and passed it. A major time sucker is out of the way. The exam itself was not very hard and I did not put in as much effort I wanted to.

2. Last weekend I visited Vancouver, Canada for 4 days. The weather was beautiful and supported a nice Whale watching experience at the Pacific near Victoria.

3. Completed 2nd draft for 2 of the Wharton essays. Still need to work on the word count. The career goals essay counts 1350 words. I got too much to write for a 1000 words essay. The details about career goals sound better than the last year career goals. But do not know if it would be convincing enough for the adcom. Still need to add an answer for "Why now?" question. I am not getting a convincing answer for why I waited so long (9 years out of college) to apply for MBA. Any suggestions welcome. The innovation and leadership essays counts around 850 words. Need to work on them.

4. I have also started working on the Kellogg essay. Yesterday I submitted part I of Kellogg application. Will call adcom sometime next week and schedule an interview. I am not sure if I would get a slot before submitting the essays on Oct 17. Else I have to make 2 trips to Kellogg, one visit before the submitting part II to get content for essays and one more for the interview.

5. I have scheduled an interview with Tuck for Oct 9. I have not started anything with regards to Tuck. Need to speed up. School research, essays, preparation for interview, talk to current students etc.

6. So 3 schools finalized for round 1. Considering Fuqua and LBS also for round 1. With fast approaching deadline and the list of things to work, completing 4 applications for round 1 would be considered an acheivement. The jittery times of apping continues . . .

No comments: